Back acne can be really very annoying. It can damage your self-esteem and by the time you’re reading this we are sure you have tried a bunch of remedies but nothing worked right? Well, then you have clicked on the right feed.
If you’ve been suffering from back acne here are a few ways you can actually get rid of it. But, make sure you’re following the tips carefully and regularly.
Benzoyl Peroxide Treatment
Benzoyl peroxide is a well-known treatment to help fight acne. It prevents acne by killing the acne-causing bacteria and unclogging the pores. Besides, the topical application of Benzoyl peroxide infused lotions and creams also control the excess sebum production. If you’ve been suffering from back acne try giving benzoyl peroxide a shot.
• Apply any benzoyl peroxide cream on your back and leave it for about 20 minutes before taking a bath.
• In case you have mild acne on the back you can reduce the application to 10 minutes and every alternate day.
• And for severe acne repeat the same process as mentioned in point 1 twice a day.
You can also use a benzoyl peroxide bathing soaps. Benzoyl peroxide creams and soaps can be easily available at any medical store.
Pro-tip: while using benzoyl peroxide you might see skin drying and that’s normal. So, we would recommend you to use a mild moisturizer daily.
Azelaic acid is an acid derived from grains such as barley and wheat. It is rich in antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties thus prove to be really effective in fighting the acne-causing bacteria. It even prevents future breakouts and cleans your pores. It is the best treatment available for bad acne as it’s a type of naturally occurring acid.
• Use Azelaic cream for back acne one hour daily and for a month. Make sure you use it regularly.
Not only it will dry out the breakouts but will also help in fading the leftover scars quickly.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is rich in anti-inflammatory properties that help in killing the bacteria underneath the skin.
• If you’ve been suffering from back acne you can add tea tree soap in your regime.
• Also, you can add a few drops of tea tree oil in bathing water. It will help kill the acne-causing bacteria.
But make sure you’re following a mild moisturizer with tea tree oil treatment.
We all know how effective salicylic acid is in treating acne even if it’s back acne. It’s oil-controlling and bacteria-killing properties make it a widely used acne countering ingredient.
• For back acne, you can use salicylic acid sprays that are readily available in medical stores.
• Spray it once or twice a day depending on the severity of your breakouts.
Pro-tip: Make sure when you use it you’re not using any deodorants or perfumes on the back.
Glycolic Acid Peels
Glycolic acid peels are a really effective way of dealing with back acne. Not only it will help in controlling the number of breakouts but will also help in fading the acne scars.
• Caution: Opt this treatment only if you have severe acne type and all other steps didn’t work in your case. That implies it’s the last step to be opted for when everything else didn’t work.
This method usually works for the face but in recent times it has shown tremendous work in treating back acne too. Make sure you are doing this step only with an expert and not yourself. So, consult your dermatologist.